11 June 2005

Turning point: G8 approves real aid for Africa

Friends, lend me your ears
As you may be aware by now, the plight of Africa lies close to my heart. Therefore, I am rather delighted as you can imagine, to read this morning about the real deal struct by the G8 nations on aid to Africa. The first part of this deal is to clear the debt of 18 poor countries, removing a major obstacle for these countries to get on with development as these countries get theirrespective houses in order.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/4083676.stm
I am also particularly encouraged to see agreement between the US and the rest of the G8 on this matter. It would seem that I had no need to put on my picket outfit after all. Darn! Oh well, we'll find another reason for a day of fun in the sun.
You may have them back now. Your ears, I mean.

No comments: